3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 3:53 PM by Chetna Srivastava

Missing image file.

jamesj4652272

I downloaded a photo to my catalog and I can edit it in Lightroom but it can't be found on disk. Obviously I have made a mistake somewhere but I want to save the image. It won't let me export it to Photoshop or anywhere else. Can I save this image or is it lost forever?

• 1. Re: Missing image file.
          Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi jamesj,

You can right click/command click on that image in Lightroom and choose Show in Explorer/Finder and it will display the image on disk.

If you want to further edit the same image with Lightroom adjustments in Photoshop, you can select the image > right click/command click on it > choose Edit in Photoshop.

And you can also export that image onto your hard drive to save it somewhere. Refer this tutorial for export :  How to export photos from Photoshop Lightroom

In case if it is showing that the image is missing in Lightroom, then you need to search for that image name on your hard drive so that you can relocate it in Lightroom in order to proceed with export.

Regards,

Chetna

• 2. Re: Missing image file.
            jamesj4652272 Level 1

Thanks Chetna, but no I can't. Every attempt gives me a variation on "original can not be found". The only thing I can think of is that the file hadn't finished loading somehow and now it is gone from the chip and the trash.

Thanks for your ideas though,

James

• 3. Re: Missing image file.
              Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

If the file has been deleted from the disk, then unfortunately, there is no way to recover it or to export it from Lightroom.