2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 4:49 AM by ritae6568421

Lightroom menu bug - Edit In and PhotoMerge options not available.

ritae6568421 Level 1

In Lightroom - "Edit In" requires two images to be selected to make menu options available should only be one.  "Photomerge" menu options not available with one or 2 images selected.  This is a software bug.  Running windows 7.  Have uninstalled and re-installed both Lightroom and Photoshop but it has not fixed the problem.   Please advise.  Not sure how to report this to Adobe.

• 1. Re: Lightroom menu bug - Edit In and PhotoMerge options not available.
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

I think, I know, this problem is specific to your computer.

I also use Win 7 and don't have this problem.

I suspect the first image you are selecting isn't really available, Missing, in some way.

For both HDR and Panorama to become available all you need is 2 images selected. Try trashing the preferences file which wouldn't be replaced with a reinstall as it is located in your Username folder.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom menu bug - Edit In and PhotoMerge options not available.
            ritae6568421 Level 1

You are correct.  The issue appeared to be with one image that I had edited and then made a virtual copy so that I could edit in Nik.  I have synchronised that folder of images and my menus have returned.  However, I have lost the lightroom edits to other images that I made after the virtual copy of the earlier image.  They were just quick edits so they are easy to re-do.  I am reluctant to make a virtual copy again in case this happens again, although I might try later in the weekend to see if that was the actual cause of the problem.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 person found this helpful