3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2009 12:41 PM by MyklBello

1 SWF works all other 3 do not in IE

MyklBello
      Folks,

This is my first time posting here and I can not seem to find an issue to this problem...

Ok, I have a website that the main page has a flash header that works just fine in both IE & FireFox; below that on the body I have 3 small flash movies with just rotating images; everything works just fine in FireFox; but in IE the bottom 3 do not work or even show... But here is the funny part... if I start a new page test.html and add the 3 movies in there using DW CS3 and run it on it's own; then they work in both IE & FireFox... then if I copy that code that works into the full page... the 3 stop working in IE...

my flash code:

<script type="text/javascript">
      AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase',' http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0','wid th','170','height','222','src','flash/flash_1','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www. adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movie','flash/f lash_1' ); //end AC code
      </script>
      <noscript>
      <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="170" height="222">
      <param name="movie" value="flash/flash_1.swf" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <embed src="flash/flash_1.swf" quality="high" pluginspage=" http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="170" height="222"></embed>
      </object>
      </noscript>

Please Help... I'm out of ideas here??? I have tried this with & without AC_FL_RunContent(

Thanks

Mykl

• 1. Re: 1 SWF works all other 3 do not in IE
          MyklBello Level 1
          Since I'm not getting much feed back on here; I've been playing around with this for about 2 hours and here is what I've determined so far...

Anytime one of my 3 movies is centered by using any of the following:

<center></center>
          <div align="center"></div>
          <td align="center"></td>

Not only mine, but also my clients IE7 stops showing / playing the movies... They are not even positioned...

Has anyone had issues with this? Any idea on how to get around this? Or what's causing this issue?

Thanks

Mykl

• 2. Re: 1 SWF works all other 3 do not in IE
            AttaBoy2 Level 4
            Many if not most deprecated tags are still supported in the latest browsers. I just tested the <center> tag by opening Dreamweaver, creating a new HTML file, dragging a simple swf into it, then putting the generated code inside center tags. It worked fine in IE7 and FF3. Did you test to see if these swf's work in IE if you don't try to center them?
            • 3. Re: 1 SWF works all other 3 do not in IE
              MyklBello Level 1
              Jim,

Yes without center it works fine on every browser I have tested... Another thing I found out since my last message is that 1 single center works fine... but the second you have sub centers it stops working in IE7...

I know there is a hand full of ways to accomplish this; but here are some examples I used:

<table width="800" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
              <td>header here... </td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
              <td>
              <div align="center">
              flash movie       flash movie       flash movie
              </div>
              </td>
              </tr>
              </table>

The above works... which is what I am using now...

But, initially I was doing something like this, which does not work...

<table width="800" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
              <td>header here... </td>
              </tr>
              <tr>
              <td align="center">
              <div align="center">
              <table width="80%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
              <tr>
              <td><div align="center">flash movie</div></td>
              </tr>
              </table>
              </div>
              </td>
              </tr>
              </table>

Seems like any time you add sub levels of alignment is stops working in IE7... I know that instead of the div I could just use table align center but it's flexible...

Thanks

Mykl