2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 7:21 AM by Ivo Marinovic

How to animate numbers between two values for eg binary digits?

rosenbax

I have this Numbers:

101 0110 11100110101101110

I want to switch them -  the 0 into 1 and the 1 into 0. Subsequently the numbers should pass over into a word.

It is only possible to switch the numbers into digits from 2-9.

This Animation should be no longer than 4-6 seonds.

Do you have an Idea?

Greetings

rosenbax

• 1. Re: How to animate numbers between two values for eg binary digits?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can do that with the text animators in AE if you can live with random numbers. No need for a complicated expression.

1. Type a line of zeros
          2. Add a Character Offset animator
          3. Add Wiggly Selector
          4. Set character offset to 1
          5. Change the minimum amount to 0%
          6. Set the wiggles per second

You'll have to spin things down to get there.

To convert the binary code to a word I'd add another text animator for opacity and then animate the range selector to turn off one letter at a time.

Add a new text layer with our word and use an opacity animator to reveal one letter at a time and then just line them up

text.jpg

This will work best with a monospaced font.

If you need sequential binary digits you'll have to use an expression and then add the opacity animator to make the transition to the word. Unfortunately I don't have that expression in my head but you can probably find a java script binary counter somewhere that can be turned into an expression fairly easily.

• 2. Re: How to animate numbers between two values for eg binary digits?
            Ivo Marinovic Level 1

Use solid than apply numbers effect on it! Try to play with it, I hope it helps!