2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 7:25 AM by Rick Gerard

how can i apply effects to other clibs

Naifbd

I have different clips from one angle shot in green screen. i did all the cuts in premier then i sent one clip to after effect to clean the green screen. after i cleaned the green screen, i have exported the clib to premier once again, it went very well. my question :

-should i send all the green clip to after effects or only one clip then i can do short cut where i can apply the filters to the other clips in premier ?

• 1. Re: how can i apply effects to other clibs
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can import your whole Premiere Pro sequence into After Effects with the Import Premiere Pro Sequence command. I'd recommend that. This might also be helpful: Trim Compose

• 2. Re: how can i apply effects to other clibs
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The most efficient workflow is one where you are processing only the frames that will be used in the final project. I usually add a few frames (handles) to clips that have been pre-edited in Premiere Pro to allow for a little fine tuning in the final edit. For green screen work the amount of work that is completed in AE depends entirely on the shot. For most of my work the entire composite is completed in AE, rendered to a suitable DI (digital intermediate) using a 10 bit or better production codec. I only use Dynamic link for very short shots and simple sequences that must be processed in AE. Long and complex dynamic linked comps slow down the editing process way too much for me.

Without a detailed description of what you are trying to do and the kind of compositing you are doing that's the best advice I can give you.