4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 3:51 PM by Chrissy_Mueller

RoboHelp and Images using SnagIt

Chrissy_Mueller Level 1
      Hi,

I am using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2 on Windows XP Pro SP2.

When I import an image (which I am using SnagIt to capture and resize) and generate the output to WebHelp the image is distorted and I am not sure whether IE or RoboHelp is trying to enlarge the image but when you view the source code from IE it shows a larger picture than what is viewed via SnagIt.

Has anyone come across this problem before and if so what was the solution? Is there a better resolution to be taking screen shots with for online viewing? I have tried several and it doesn't seem to make a difference once I resize.

Thanks,

• 1. Re: RoboHelp and Images using SnagIt
          Miwon Level 1
          Use the Resize tool in the Tools tab (after you captured the image in SnagIt) to resize the image without distorting it.
          • 2. Re: RoboHelp and Images using SnagIt
            RoboWizard Level 4
            Hi Miwon

While I agree that this may actually correct the issue, it really shouldn't matter whether the image is saved from SnagIt.

My guess is that it has more to do with exactly how the image is being inserted into the topic than anything else.

Chrissy Mueller, how exactly are you inserting the images?

Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: RoboHelp and Images using SnagIt
              MergeThis Level 4
              Also, if you're replacing an existing image with one of a different size, you need to right click the image and select Reset size to cancel any resulting distortion.

If you look at the underlying code for images, you'll notice that RH "reserves" width & height dimensions as well as identifying the image's actual dimensions. However, it does not automatically reset those dimensions for you when you change them.

Example, original:
              reserved space: style="width: 16px; height: 16px
              actual size: width=16 height=16

Example, larger size:
              reserved space: style="width: 16px; height: 16px
              actual size: width=32 height=32

You either need to manually change the 16px dimensions to 32px, or use the Reset size option in the interface to have RH do it for you.

Good luck,
              Leon

• 4. Re: RoboHelp and Images using SnagIt
                Chrissy_Mueller Level 1
                Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the information and assistance. I am inserting the images using the Insert > Image option in RoboHelp. I found that I fixed the distortion by saving the images in SnagIt to the size that I want. After I insert the image into RoboHelp I then Reset Size and it seems to fix the problem.

If there is something that I am doing wrong please tell me.

Thanks,
                Chris.