2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2016 7:08 AM by whsprague

Premiere Elements 14 vs. Premiere Pro

TidyCup Level 1

If I render my project in premiere element 14 (1080p) will it look as good if the project was created in premiere elements Pro?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 14 vs. Premiere Pro
          Mohammad Tahseen Adobe Employee

Premiere Elements has two Playback Settings, Automatic and Highest. By default, it is Automatic which is fast but playback quality is compromised here. If you want the best playback quality, you will need to change this setting to Highest and you will see the best possible playback when rendered. You can change this setting from either Preferences or from Program monitor, right click and choosing Playback Quality.

Premiere Elements restricts the rendered/preview files to one format and Premiere Pro uses different formats for rendered files depending on Sequence Settings chosen there. If you have chosen Highest Playback Settings in Premiere Elements and then render the movie, then visually you will hardly notice the difference when compared with Premiere Pro. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tahseen

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 14 vs. Premiere Pro
            whsprague Level 4

TidyCup wrote:

If I render my project in premiere element 14 (1080p) will it look as good if the project was created in premiere elements Pro?

Are you asking about the preview rendering that takes place while you are doing your editing?  Or, are you asking about output rendering when you create your final product for others to view?