1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 11:11 AM by Newsgroup_User

Creating photo gallery - newbie needs help!

Atnace
      Hey guys!

Ok, so I've never really gotten into action script, which is why I'm using
      http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/photogallery.htm as a guide, great tutorial :) But I seem to have some problems.

I downloaded the zip file at the bottom of the site (because I'm lazy) and I've managed to put my own images into the thing - but, the images aren't scaling correctly. I did do the 100% transform thing, but still I can only see a little piece of the image when I press preview. I was wondering if there's any actionscript code that I could put in so that they would scale correctly inside the mask? And also, is there a sollution if I'm having both vertical and horizontal pictures?

If you have any other tutorial for photo galleries that you can recommend - I'd be very greatful!

(Sorry if I'm confusing.. I'm confusing myself too..)
        • 1. Re: Creating photo gallery - newbie needs help!
          Level 7
          slideshowpro.net

"Atnace" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gnhkkq$7cv$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hey guys!
          >
          > Ok, so I've never really gotten into action script, which is why I'm using
          > http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/photogallery.htm as a guide, great
          > tutorial
          > :) But I seem to have some problems.
          >
          > I downloaded the zip file at the bottom of the site (because I'm lazy) and
          > I've managed to put my own images into the thing - but, the images aren't
          > scaling correctly. I did do the 100% transform thing, but still I can only
          > see
          > a little piece of the image when I press preview. I was wondering if
          > there's
          > any actionscript code that I could put in so that they would scale
          > correctly
          > inside the mask? And also, is there a sollution if I'm having both
          > vertical and
          > horizontal pictures?
          >
          > If you have any other tutorial for photo galleries that you can
          > recommend -
          > I'd be very greatful!
          >
          > (Sorry if I'm confusing.. I'm confusing myself too..)
          >