3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2009 6:00 PM by injpix

Working with ObjectHandles in Flex Builder 3

skife
      Hello,

I am trying to get ObjectHandles to work in Flex Builder 3. When I use the example code found at google, etc...
      I get an error message of: type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: ObjectHandles.
      Where does the Object handles code need to be placed and what would be the namespace for it? I am a newbie
      and don't quite understand how to add components to a Flex project.

Thanks very much,
      Kim H.
      kimhovorka@yahoo.com
        • 1. Re: Working with ObjectHandles in Flex Builder 3
          injpix Level 3
          I assume you haven't added ObjectHandle SWC to your project's build path. If so, then add it by right-clicking on your project in 'Flex Navigator' pane and click on 'Flex Build Path'. With in this view, there are 2 tabs, “Source Path” and “Library Path”. The Source Path is to point Flex to look for external project's (e.g. ObjectHandle) src directory. The Library Path is to point Flex to look for the folder containing the SWC. The latter path is required.
          • 2. Re: Working with ObjectHandles in Flex Builder 3
            skife Level 1
            When I do a right mouse button click on the project name for my project
            in the Flex Navigator I do not see the menu items you mention for Flex
            Build Path at all. I am highlighting my project name and doing the right
            mouse button click. Any additional info would be appreciated.
            I did get the ObjectHandles.swc file or whatever it is exactly called.
            Where would that be added to the project? What would the name space be for it?

Sincerely,

Kim Hovorka
            kimhovorka@yahoo.com
            • 3. Re: Working with ObjectHandles in Flex Builder 3
              injpix Level 3
              I am sorry. I should have posted the following in my original post:

"...your project in 'Flex Navigator' pane, select 'Properties' and a pop-up should appear. In that pop-up click on 'Flex Build Path'. With in this view..."

Does that help?