1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 6:57 AM by dj_paige

managing keywords

folgerj Level 1

Since nothing came up in search for managing keywords (I can't believe that and figure I must be in the wrong area... I have Lightroom CC and was wondering...

I was wondering if the keywords function will ever get an upgrade. It's so clunky that I dread using it. I really don't like the nested function because I end up with the > symbol jumping in with the other nested levels.

If I want to add to my keyword sets (54 of them) or change them I have to go all the way to the bottom of the list (around 35) and click and hold the small arrow down until the context menu offers me to edit or create a new one...

Has anyone at Adobe heard of this new thing called a contextual right click...? Click on a specific and you go to it, right click on a specific one and all the options drop down for you to make edits or modify or create a new one OR delete one...

How about multiple levels of tiers when you click the tiny arrows next to the keyword set and instead of the single list, how about multiple panels come out so all keywords sets are shown and then I just click what I want rather then clicking and holding the mouse button waiting for the desired set or option to come up...

Also just 9 options per set? I live in Salem Massachusetts and we have the Witchcraft trials, Maritime history, Lighthouses, the ocean, beaches and coastline, a National Park. Do you know how many sets Just for Salem I have and I have only the most commonly used keywords and not all the ones I'd like to have.

How about allowing me to use this little wheel on my mouse...

Jeff Folger

http://www.vistaphotography.com