3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 7:48 AM by m_vargas

/flash/about page still showing latest version as "out of date"?

DK-15

When I go to the page to check my version with win8.1, IE11, the widget is still showing the version as out of date, even though your table shows that version, 21.0.0.182, as the latest version, and that it's installed . . .you folks might want to figure this bug out and fix it 

• 1. Re: /flash/about page still showing latest version as "out of date"?
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

Yes, we are working to enhance the functionality of the widget to add more granularity to correctly detect the OS/browser combination.  As of right now, 21.0.0.182 is still the latest version for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

--

Maria

• 2. Re: /flash/about page still showing latest version as "out of date"?
            Caboos15

Hey

Sorry to trouble you.

I have Windows 8.1 with the inbuilt flash player and internet explorer 11.

Today I just got an email form malwarebytes advising me to update flash.

Just like dk-15, whenever I visit the site to check which version I have I'm told I have the out of date 21.0.0.182 version.

After reading m_vargas's reply I was wondering, does this mean that we've got to wait just a little longer for them to update our inbuilt flash players to the latest and more secure version?

It's just whenever I've tried to update I get messages like

"Flash Player is integrated with Internet Explorer in Windows 8.

You do not need to install Flash Player."

or

"Flash Player is pre-installed with Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1 and updates automatically."

If I try to download the version available to me I get the message "security update for windows (KB3144756) is already installed on this computer."

Not that I'm complaining as I know updates can take time.

I was just curious if we would have to wait long for the next update that fixes the recent security flaw that's been found or if there is a way to update the inbuilt player.

• 3. Re: /flash/about page still showing latest version as "out of date"?
              m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hi,

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge browsers, they are the ones that release the Flash Player update via Windows Update.  If the new version, 21.0.0.182 isn't yet available on Windows Update is because Microsoft hasn't yet released it.

--

Maria