5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 9:59 PM by DerrylS

asked to reinstall apps

DerrylS Level 1

I was having problem getting the CC app to work so it was suggested here that I remove the OOBE files at /users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/AdobeOOBE. This worked, but I hadn't needed to open any Adobe app until this afternoon.

Today I opened PS CC and given the message that it couldn't be opened and to go to adobe.com/go/applicationmanager to fix the problem (PS did actually open once the dialog window was closed).

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 4.53.09 PM.png

I downloaded and installed a new application manager. After installing the app manager I also restarted the computer.

Now when I open a application I get a new message that the application is damaged and to download a new copy, but the app does open and runs.

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 4.53.47 PM.png

A similar message comes up with every Adobe app that I have opened in CC (so far ID, Illustrator, Acrobat).

However, Photoshop is still giving the earlier message that the application manager is missing or damaged.

I am really getting really upset with all these problems with CC.

• 1. Re: asked to reinstall apps
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

is your adobe cc desktop app installed, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and working?

• 2. Re: asked to reinstall apps
            DerrylS Level 1

as I stated "I downloaded and installed a new application manager. After installing the app manager I also restarted the computer."

The CC manager is functioning.

Screen Shot 2016-04-08 at 11.33.34 PM.png

I got the damaged error messages After I installed the application manager. PS continues the error message that I need to install the application manager and all other apps say that the application is damaged, yet they seem to be running correctly after closing the error message window. As the image shows, I have an open button rather than the up to date that normally shows.

• 3. Re: asked to reinstall apps
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

uninstall everything cc including the desktop app and that application manager you recently installed.

clean per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart you computer

install the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

• 4. Re: asked to reinstall apps
                Brucgovn Adobe Community Professional

If you haven't tried below steps , try once :

Step 1)

Click on the Finder and look for the options listed next to Apple Icon located at the top left corner of the Desktop screen and click on "Go" menu button and select "Utilities" option.

(Applications>Utiliites)

Locate Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folder under Utilities window and trash both folders.

Step 2)

Trash Adobe Creative Cloud folder from Applications as well.

Step 3)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-ToFolder " option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater and OOBE.

Step 4)

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.

2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.

/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and trash folders named AAMUpdater ,Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Step 5)

Click on the below link and download & run Adobe Cleaner tool :

Select the option "Adobe Application Manager for Mac OS X 10.6" and then click on "Clean up Selected" .

http://download.macromedia.com/SupportTools/Cleaner/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg

Step 6 )

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear, then open Application folder and locate Adobe Application manager launch icon , double click on it and update .

Once the update is completed. It shud launch Adobe Creative Cloud app.

Then try to launch  Installed CC apps .

• 5. Re: asked to reinstall apps
                  DerrylS Level 1

I was in a major project and didn't want to start deleting things so held off trying your suggested remedy. The apps continued to run with the reinstall warning and the application manager needing to be installed when opening PS.

I updated to the lasted version of El Capitan three days ago and continued to get the warnings, so a new OS version did not affect the problem. CC did not have any updates to be installed. No new software or any updates were installed on the Mac.

To my surprise two days later, all the CC apps are loading normally without any of the warning dialogs about reinstalling apps or the application manager.

Was something changed in the cloud that corrected the problem?

Twilight Zone time?????