2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 8:33 AM by Jay Knobbe

Asus x99 Deluxe Trouble ?

Jay Knobbe

Bought a  Asus X99 Rampage V from Micro Center at a steep discount. Didn't need all the Rampage features but they gave me a great deal.The board had a defect so I returned it. I exchanged it for X99 Deluxe based on comments here. Now that I have it I am reading about horrible problems with this board on Amazon and Newegg.

Are those of you using this board experiencing problems?. Non POST and instability seem to be a common thread. Im thinking of returning it. Not looking for a future headache,

FWIW, the folks at MicroCenter have been very helpful and courteous.

• 1. Re: Asus x99 Deluxe Trouble ?
          ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

Keep in mind many who buy parts from Newegg and post in feedback have no real idea of what hardware they should get with certain boards or platforms nor how to set them up correctly. They also probably do not know how to isolate the actual problems and just report as board issues. We have used the Deluxe series since it was released and have had no known issues with that model beyond the standard failure rate for boards. There are just some considerations when buying hardware with that board and setting up the bios.

Eric

ADK

• 2. Re: Asus x99 Deluxe Trouble ?
            Jay Knobbe Level 1

Whew!, glad to hear that.

Thank you Eric.