Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I post a question

Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

support told me to post a question to the forum. How do I do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Just in case you need some help in the future, you may want to read my messages #3 and 4 in this thread: How the heck are you supposed to find your way around these discussions?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frankc35873186,

Please let me know what issue you are facing right now so that can help you further .

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the response. After a week trying to get some help, I sw the

light, uninstalld adobe reader and installed another service that not only

works but works better than adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having to convert a pdf file to an editable indesign file. I can't believe that I need to purchase a third-party software to convert one Adobe product to another. I would think you'd make it easy to do this... and to import a Microsoft Publisher document to indesign...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question, how to post, That's the "issue I'm facing." I can't see a way to post a question.

If I could post it, it would be: I understand LR is not a browser. (Silly to me) But often within it I am able to browse quite easily my entire computer file structure. Import any picture on the computer. Just now I opened LR and in the file window (Library, left panel) saw only my C drive. Opened it and started browsing to pics I wanted to import. Saw everything, good. Just like a browser. But something happened - an errant keystroke - and I have only "Catalog," "Folders," "collections," "Publish services."  Cannot see the file structure from there. How do I get back to "C" so I can open it and navigate and import?? Please?

I keep seeing I can drag and drop from explorer but the grid window is full of pics now and I don't want to add the new pics to that previous import and cannot empty the window. Afraid LR will import to existing group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2016 Oct 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the list of forums here https://forums.adobe.com/welcome and select the one in which you are interested. Once where you want, post just like you did here, and don't forget to bookmark the page in your browser if you have any intention of coming back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you have already posted one, why not a second one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because the instructions are obscure I didn't now I had posted something.

it is moot now: thanks for the response. After a week trying to get some

help, I sw the light, uninstalld adobe reader and installed another service

that not only works but works better than adobe.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Claudio González <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case you need some help in the future, you may want to read my messages #3 and 4 in this thread: How the heck are you supposed to find your way around these discussions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it so hard to get help. why is it so hard to find out how to post a question? frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not... It was answered above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am frustrated by Adobes website, it is NOT intuitive at all and 99% of the time leads me to **dead end**. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really not that complicated... Go to the forum of your product, click Content, then Start a Discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easily stated.  However, here's the process:  Goto Adobe.com, sign-in, get frustrated clicking around looking for the forms site, then get frustrated trying to figure out what you just stated. 

Solution (which isn't really that complicated):

1. a website with clear instructions, or a webpage with said "clear" instructions

2. after login, a one click link to the forums and to your support issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and you never addressed the solution for *dead ends*.

*dead ends* defined as this: What the user is left with after looking for solutions on the website that should have solutions, but instead is vacant of much need solutions and information, and instead leads users in circular website references back to their extensive product lines.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only mentioning this, with hopes the feedback will help improve the website and it's content.  There's a lot there, but connecting users to the solutions, is lacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Clicking around" and "dead ends" is useless information. Provide exact, step-by-step, descriptions of what you're doing and what the results are and we might be able to help you.

Anyway, for comments about the forums themselves you should use this forum:

Forum comments

Press the Start a Discussion link under Actions on that page and post your question/issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I stated a clear example. 

But your response is typical of this entire thread, of Adobe responses, condescending, snooty, argumentative and unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree.  Those passive-aggressive arrogant responses to a sincere question are infuriating. Anything is easy once you "know".  I have spent 20 minutes trying to find out how to create a new topic post in the hope of being able to report a genuine glitch in the LR Classic software.
The community guidelines say "Be kind and respectful," but the replies from some here are more like "put-downs".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Woofy, you might find it useful to know that the forums were completely redesigned a couple of years ago (for better or worse, opinions differ). What that means is that all the pictures and all the advice in this discussion, from 2017, which you've added to are now out of date and useless.

For the new forum I would summarize

1. Go to the list of forums https://community.adobe.com/

2. Find the one for your product

3. Click the blue "Post to community" button.

Maybe the rest is intuitive, maybe not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you haven't, because you have not given details. And you are not addressing Adobe here, mostly fellow users who try to help, even if your question/complaint looks more like a rant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I wish to ask a question on an Adobe forum, where do i enter the subject? i just see a box to enter the question, no means of entering the subject first.... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When you start a question or discussion you should see this box (I have added the red comments):

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks Dave, it would be far more intuitive if the Subject box preceded the Type Message box, which is how every other forum seems to be laid out ,  as a newcomer to the forum has no way of knowing if the Type Message box is all that will be shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think filling out the form is an issue. 

The issue is, getting the form to begin with.

An example of getting that far would be nice.

If one logs into their account, then what exact series of menus and mouse clicks will get someone to that form? 

This is process is NOT intuitive and there aren't any visual cues, nor any straight forward menus or links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines