1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 9, 2016 9:58 AM by Rick Gerard

How to see the rest of the video/image in the composition window

Ashlorusso

Here is my screen in after effects. My jpeg is massive and there's an illustrated story on there. I want to unhide the rest of the jpeg so I can at least see where I'm dragging it. How do I do this?

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 12.40.28 PM.png

• 1. Re: How to see the rest of the video/image in the composition window
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You cannot. It's going to be much more efficient to cut up your JPEG into individual elements and move those around.  By far the most efficient way to do this kind of project is to create a layered Photoshop or illustrator document and import that as a composition. I do that kind of stuff all the time. It's a lot easier than trying to do everything on one image.

If you really really want to work with such a huge image then you can make the comp the same size as the image and then drag out some some guidelines and set up your motion, then nest that comp in one that is appropriately sized for your project. You could also create a shape layer the size of your frame, animate that around the image, then parent the image to the shape layer and let that move your image around the comp.