1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2009 5:28 AM by SujitG

Flex and Zend - Concepts

conorgriffin Level 1
      Hi guys,
      I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me.

Basically I have a Flex app which runs in an html wrapper file.

I want to use Zend AMF to transmit data to and from the server and also use Zend so I can call remote methods etc. I've followed the quick start guide from zends website and got the sample app working.

My flex app is deployed into the html wrapper file which is named index.html by default, where do the SWF files and index.html wrapper files go in the Zend framework file structure?

I suppose what I'm asking is this, what pieces of the Zend framework do I need to allow me to have remote function calls and also use ZendAMF to transmit data?

Also, where in the Zend structure do I put my flex files if I want the flex app to load as soon as the user connects to my server?

Thanks, Conor.
        • 1. Re: Flex and Zend - Concepts
          SujitG Level 2
          Hi,

Usually the swf file and the HTML wrapper can be deployed in any location on the web server irrespective of the Zend framework. Zend framework will have to deployed as per its requirements and the PHP service files have to deployed in the location where Zend framework can locate.

Please find more details at this URL
          http://corlan.org/2008/11/13/flex-and-php-remoting-with-zend-amf/

If you want to load the Flex application when the user hits your server, you have to name the HTML wrapper of the Flex application as index.html and place the HTML and the swf in the root folder of the web server. You can also change the welcome files and name the wrapper accordingly.

Hope this helps.