3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 8:00 PM by Mohit Goyal

Lightroom Error, constantly having to restart!!

ianb34517008

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the new version of Lightroom?  Every time I go to use it, I get an error message saying that lightroom needs to shut down and will correct the 'issue' on restart.  Then upon restart the error occurs again, sometimes it seem like it is related to importing and opening files etc.

Appreciate any advice as this is becoming increasingly frustrating as I can be doing some very detailed work and the message appears.

Thank you

Ian !@ ! ! !

• 1. Re: Lightroom Error, constantly having to restart!!
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi ianb,

Please turn off the Graphics Processor from Lightroom preferences.

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

Restart Lightroom

If the above step didn't then you can try reset the Lightroom preferences back to defaults.

Press the shift + option Or shift + alt keys immediately after you restart Lightroom, and select Reset Preferences from the resulting dialog box.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom Error, constantly having to restart!!
            ianb34517008 Level 1

Whilst that seems like a great idea, it is slightly impossible baring in mind that as soon as I start Lightroom it crashes, so I don't even have a chance to select anything!!!!  This would have to be the worst service provided by a developer, why the F%%k am I paying for this!!!???

• 3. Re: Lightroom Error, constantly having to restart!!
              Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

If you are working on the Windows platform, then please follow the below steps.

Open Control Panel >> Go to Device Manager >> Under the Display Adapter look for the Graphics Adapter >> Right Click and disable.

Device manager GPU.png

Now,

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

Restart Lightroom

Open and check if it works fine, then go back to the Device Manager and enable the Graphics Processor.

Regards,

Mohit

1 person found this helpful