12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 9:21 PM by ZdC

How do I go about customising some pages in LR that will give me the following layouts my photos?

ZdC Level 1

How do I go about customising some pages in LR that will give me the following layouts my photos?

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 07.14.40.png

• 1. Re: Book Module
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

Book module has many page templates included-  Choose from the "Multiple Photos" collection.

ScreenShot497.jpg

The left-hand image with the center large image can easily be created by a "Custom Package" template in the PRINT module and save the 'print' as a JPG to insert in the Book (on a single image full page book template). You will need to set the print page size to the book page size. And save the print design as a template so it can be used again.

ScreenShot498.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Book Module
            ZdC Level 1

I much appreciate your assistance in this matter.  Being new to LR, I can’t believe how complex the procedure of making a custom page is.  Might I be able to get hold of an existing  template from somewhere? 

The layout I presuming gets even more complicated if you have to take into consideration the amount of the page lost in the binding of the book. 

A little more guidance, instructions, videos or templates would be most helpful.

• 3. Re: Book Module

Book Page templates- others have tried and failed. I think that designing a page in the Print module (or Photoshop..!)  is far easier!

Some expert guidance here- Quick Tip – Customizing Page Templates in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

If "page lost in binding" is a worry, does it harm your book to use pages with borders?

If you subscribe for $50/month you can get Adobe InDesign which will do all you need.

• 5. Re: Book Module

Thanks Bob- I knew this thread existed.

Maybe it is simpler that designing a page in the Print module!

ScreenShot500.jpg

• 6. Re: Book Module
                  Bob Somrak Level 5

wobertc

I just linked to the thread.  I think if I was going to make a few custom pages I would just do it in the print module like you suggested.

• 7. Re: Book Module
                    ZdC Level 1

It does appear to be immensely difficult to make a custom page as per the 3 designs that I would like, as shown above.

If anyone per chance has made page lay outs like this, could they somehow share them with me to add to my custom pages?

{As you may have noticed, those layouts came from Apple Mac's 'Photos'.  I've made many great books in Photos and really like some of their page designs.  However, now that I have made the leap into LR I feel I need to embrace the Book Module.  I'm still finding both this module and LR in general quite a challenge though!!}.

• 8. Re: Book Module
                      Bob Somrak Level 5

I think you will find the Book, Web and Slideshow modules less than stellar compared to other companies offerings.  They are workable but very feature sparse. 

• 9. Re: Book Module
                        ZdC Level 1

Bob I appreciate your frank comments.   

And, at the same time I invite anyone who has some great layouts to share to send me the links.

Ever hopeful I won’t have to create them myself! 

In the meantime, a huge thank you for your input.

• 10. Re: Book Module
                          ZdC Level 1

I was also finished with making my first book in the Book Module and for some unknown reason a number of the images are now displaying red exclamation marks.  What did I do wrong?  They were fine yesterday.  I think I might be have been adjusting the type of cover I was using when these red exclamation marks started to appear.  Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?

• 11. Re: Book Module
                            Bob Somrak Level 5

You can click the red exclamation point and see what it says Is the problem.  I think it means the photo is at too low a resolution to print well.

• 12. Re: Book Module
                              ZdC Level 1

I was getting concerned about the almost completed book.  So, I decided to turn LR off and restart the programme.  That seems to have corrected the problem and the red exclamation marks have disappeared.