6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2017 4:37 AM by graemet84702070

Lightroom 6 Not Responding

Tnischan

My Lighroom 6 program, which has been working fine ever since I upgraded last fall, is suddenly saying, "Not responding" when I try to open it.  I don't know what to do to.    I would be so thankful for some guidance.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 Not Responding
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Tnischan,

Please turn off the Graphics Processor from Lightroom preferences.

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

Restart Lightroom

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 Not Responding
            susanw14507078

I have been having the same problem and have done what you suggested, but I can not get my Lightroom 6 to open.  Then everytime if it happens to reopen this box you asked to be unticked it is ticked again.  How do you make it stay unticked.  I have also tried to do all updates, but when I check what version I have it still says 6.0.  Any help will be most appreciated.

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 Not Responding
              Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi susanw,

The first you need to do the update the Lightroom to the latest update 6.5.1 and sometime that takes cares the issue.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

Now if the above update didn't help enough to fix the issue, then follow the below steps that will help you to turn off the Graphics Processor from the Lightroom preferences.

Open Control Panel >> Go to Device Manager >> Under the Display Adapter look for the Graphics Adapter >> Right Click and disable.

Device manager GPU.png

Now,

Open Lightroom

Go to Lightroom Preferences from the Edit menu

Click on Performance tab

Uncheck the Graphics Processor

Restart Lightroom

Open and check if it works fine, then go back to the Device Manager and enable the Graphics Processor.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Mohit

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 Not Responding
                susanw14507078 Level 1

Thank you for the response, I have tried all that you suggested and when I tried to restart lightroom it did not open and still will not open.  I used the updates tab that is under the Help Tab to check for updates.  I have also tried to download the update 6.5.1 from the link you provided and I can not get it to open and install.  Any suggestions, as I am keen to continue to use lightroom and I only purchased and loaded it in March this year.  Thank you.

• 5. Re: Lightroom 6 Not Responding
                  graemet84702070 Level 1

I have the same problem. Upgraded to Lightroom 6 NOT CC version a month ago by paying £60. Lightroom version 6.0 worked fine for a week and then when I tried to open it I got the splash screen, just grey behind and the message Lightroom is not responding. Therefore there is no option to click on anything. I can't update this version because I cannot open Lightroom. I've been a user since Lightroom 3. Now I have to go back and use Lightroom 5.7.1 for 64 bit. Adobe any suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thank you. Screen splash.JPGlightroom not responding.JPG

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6 Not Responding
                    graemet84702070 Level 1

I've managed to fix the problem after a fashion.

Go to Lightroom downloads and download the latest version.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Even if it says CC and you have the pay £60 upgrade it will work regardless.

This will download the latest version so at least you will be able to access the tabs and the programme won't just hang at the opening splash screen. As many people say the problem is with your graphics card and there's nothing you can do about it.

If you computer is more than a couple of years old the chances are you don't have something called OpenGL3.3

Any Intel Core processor 2nd generation is capped at OpenGL3.1 like mine hence I won't ever be able to use the key functions of LL6 such as slideshow export. Its a hardware issue so not something you can just download - no driver updates will help.