4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 6:43 AM by Szalam

AE 13.7.2 and OS X 10.11.5 beta

hlef Level 1

Using this combination, AE keeps crashing on startup (after the alert dialogs right after the startup screen goes away).  I have tried uninstalling, running Adobe CC Cleaner, and reinstalling.  It still won't start.    

• 1. Re: AE 13.7.2 and OS X 10.11.5 beta
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Do not ever expect any released software to work on any beta version of an OS. I would not even consider that to be a reasonable expectation.

Most folks using AE are also not going to be using beta OS software. You are basically on your own. If you insist in testing beta software, and I do this all the time and have for more than 20 years, you should have a dual boot system so you can get some work done on the system that works when you need to. The system I'm working on right now has dual boot.

One other point, most software developers do not spend any time at all testing or working on their products using bets OS versions until they are just about ready to be released. That would be a terrible waste of resources. I don't speak for Adobe I can't imagine their CEO or CFO or COO would allow any employee to spend time with early versions of a new OS to see if they can fix problems that may not exist in the next build. I'm sure they are aware of what Apple and Microsoft are doing and they keep their eye on it, but expecting a released version of AE to work in a Beta OS is awfully optimistic.

• 2. Re: AE 13.7.2 and OS X 10.11.5 beta
            hlef Level 1

Rick, I get your point.  I will say, however, that having been running the beta seeds for a long time, this is, so far, the only CC app that has had this problem for me.  I am not using AE much for production purposes, more learning the software.

• 3. Re: AE 13.7.2 and OS X 10.11.5 beta
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

AE has the most complex rendering engine of any Adobe software so I'm not surprised that it's pretty easy to break.

• 4. Re: AE 13.7.2 and OS X 10.11.5 beta
                Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'd recommend filing a bug report so Adobe can figure out what about 10.11.5 is breaking AE: Feature Request/Bug Report Form