I am having a problem with cross-references between two documents in a Book.
When I add another Endnote cross-reference in the text, the link numbering does not update.
(Note: this process originates with Adobe instructions: Endnotes in InDesign CS4/CS5)
I have two documents open:
Document A. Text document with three spots in the text where I need Endnotes links
Document B. Notes document with references as numbered paragraphs 1, 2, and 3
I then insert a cross-reference in the text of A, referencing paragraphs 1, 2, and 3 in B.
* A link number "1" is created in the text of document A linked to paragraph "1" in document B.
* Same for links 2 and 3. This all works, no problem.
Later, I come back to my documents and add another cross-reference in the text between 2 and 3. Result:
* B correctly updates the reference numbers, now displaying paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4
* A incorrectly displays links numbered 1, 2, 3, 3
How do I get the cross-reference link to update?
Document A's link number should update to correctly displays the updated paragraph numbers in B
* All documents saved and restarted
* Ran Preflight
* Synced all Book documents
I randomly stumbled on the solution:
In the Book menu dropdown, choose Update All Cross-References.
So easy once you find it.
Nope. For some reason that only worked on one document, but none of the others.