2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2016 2:40 PM by Helene Nash

shape layer is not in composition premiere pro

Helene Nash

I am new at this, but I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.  After creating a credit sequence with animation, images, text and a shape layer in After Effects cc, I send the composition to Premiere Pro CC, open it, but the shape layer and the text are missing - everything else is there, in the correct order and size, etc.  What am I missing?   Many thanks.

• 1. Re: shape layer is not in composition premiere pro
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Make sure that the composition panel is set to Active Camera. That is the only view that renders. Make sure that you have not set any of your layers as guide layers. To verify that your comp is set up correctly you can go to the composition menu and select Composition>Save Frame As>File and render a single frame. Check that and if it shows everything then Premiere Pro should show everything. If there are things missing and you have the Active Camera view selected then select the layers that are giving you problems and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties. Start turning things off or resetting values until you find out what is causing the problem.

If you still can't figure it out select all layers in your project, press the U key twice, take a screenshot and drag it into the reply field of this forum so we can take a look.

• 2. Re: shape layer is not in composition premiere pro
            Helene Nash Level 1

Thank you!  I just rendered and opened a single test frame after adding the camera - and it appears to be perfect!  I am going to send the entire comp back to premiere pro now, and unless you hear from me otherwise, you solved my problem!   Thank you again!