4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2006 7:59 AM by SafariTECH

LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE KILLS COLDFUSION

John2 Level 1
      I applied the latest patches - released tuesday (april) and now when my coldfusion server starts I get

Jrun servlet error in the title
      and
      500 Null

restarting the server still results in the same problem

HELP - and warning !!!!

ADOBE - MM anyone? I have applied to updates to our live platform - BUT not restarted them as I am now too scared to reboot
        • 1. Re: LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE KILLS COLDFUSION
          John2 Level 1
          I have since taken the updates off - and restarted - and CFMX is still dead
          • 2. Re: LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE KILLS COLDFUSION
            John2 Level 1
            has any one managed to apply the patch ok ??

platform was

spk 1 all updates applied
            our live environment is
            • 3. Re: LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE KILLS COLDFUSION
              Peter Robertson
              John, I have CFMX installed as a service on a Win XP Desktop machine for dev work.
              Patched Windows last night (with automated update service, 16 April, had been putting it off for a few days), CF dead today. IIS reports that there is no app configured to handle my *.cfm requests.
              Tried to re-install CF, no go.
              Fortunately I run an incremental disk imager every evening (Powerquest), so only took about an hour to do a complete state restore to yesterday, everything now OK.

The same thing happened to me a year or two ago with Win2KPro. That time I stopped patching, which is what I'll do now until Adobe get a work-around happening to cope with this badly-behaved patch or MS publish a patch-patch.

I think you may be looking down the barrel of a re-build if you can't do a state restore. Sorry.

Peter R
              • 4. LATEST WINDOWS UPDATE KILLS COLDFUSION
                SafariTECH Level 1
                I have updated all our machines (2000 & 2003 servers) with every critical update from MS as they come out and have never had CF actually "die"

Last night we saw a problem with corrupted cached queries, but that actually occurred BEFORE we updated to last week's patches ( we couldn't get around to it last week)

If you take a regular drive image of your server ( recommended in a production environment) you should be able to restore your OS in a fairly quick time period.

Are you running 7.0 or 7.01?