• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make vanished bookshelves visible again???

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I urgently need help!!! A few days ago all standard bookshelves in ADE 4.5.1 (windows 10 PC) vanished from the surface, no books are shown in my library, when I try to drag and drop my bought books, ADE tells me they are in the library, but I can't find or open any book, tried reinstall (4 times now!!!) but nothing happens. That's Horror, spent lots of Euros in ebooks and can't read them!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Closed Digital Edition.

Rename My Digital Edition under My Documents in My Digital Edition.old.

Restart the Digital Edition.
Download the eBooks new and open it.

Now its should display fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Digital Edition.

Rename My Digital Edition under My Documents in My Digital Edition.old.

Restart the Digital Edition.
Download the eBooks new and open it.

Now its should display fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius!!!! Thank you VERY VERY MUCH, you made my day 😄 Everything is displayed perfectly normal after the little magic trick you told me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem on two different computers. This just started this week and once I do the .old or delete my digital editions and download and install ADE once again. I am back to being able to download and read, however if I close ADE or restart the computer all the bookshelves are gone and I can no longer download from my local librarys. This does not seem to happen every single time but it is definitely past the point of only annoying. I have gone so far as keeping my epub books in a separate folder to keep them safe for the future. I can not think of anything that I have done differently than what I have done for years unless microsoft have made some change that we all were not made aware of . Thanks for listening and if I am missing something please let me know. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines