5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 6:15 AM by Szalam

After Effects CC freezes during initiating mediacore and doesn't recognize Quicktime.

info@urrebuk.nl

Hi everybody,
      I've been  struggeling with this issue for about two days now, and I'm not sure what to do.
      Whenever I open after Effects, the screen will freeze during 'Initiating mediacore'. This usually takes about 4/5 minutes and afterwards, if I leave the frozen screen alone, the program wil start up normally again.
      The next issue however is that, once after effects has started, I get an error message saying that quiktime isn't installed and that .mov aren't supported. This is strange because I do have quicktime installed and I never had a problem with using .mov's before. I am now unable to import and export .mov files.

I've tried every possible thing I could find online not nothing had worked yet.

I have:
      -restarted after effects
      -restarted the computer
      -reinstalled after effects
      -reinstalled after effects without the upgrades
      -reinstalled everything adobe realated (and used the CC cleaner as well)
      - deleted quicktime
      - tried out older versions of quicktime
      - tried out a replacement for quicktime
      - made a different user account on my pc and tried after effects there
      - disabled the firewall
      - deleted the preferences (<drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/)
      - deleted the entire adobe folder (<drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/)
      - Changed the adobe folder from read-only to read and write

I am currently upgrading to windows 10 with the hope that this will eventually work.

I'm using:

After Effects CC 2015 13.7.1
      Quicktime 7.79.80.95
      Windows 7
      Creative cloud 3.6.0.248

I really hope somebody knows what to do