3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 5:37 AM by Steve Grisetti

4K output to blu ray

rob@velds.nl

My editing phase is completed. Now I want to make a blu ray of the result. 9x mp4, total ±50Gb

The only option PRE14 gives me AVCHD at 1920x1080.

Am I overlooking something  or am I beginning to get stupid?

Rob

• 1. Re: 4K output to blu ray
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

BluRays are 1920x1080 -- just as DVDs are 720x480. You can't make a 4k BluRay. Or, if you could, your BluRay player would not be able to play it.

In version 14 of Premiere Elements, use Export & Share/Disc/BluRay to create a BluRay disc of your movie.

• 2. Re: 4K output to blu ray
            rob@velds.nl Level 1

That answer is "loud and clear".

Remains the question, why is 4K introduced for amateurs.

When my AVCHD camera (Sony) broke down, the only choice was a 4K camera.

OK, part of the progresion I thought, and bought a (Sony) camera, monitor and a new editing package to fulfill the new requirements.

After all, I could have saved a lot of money, altough photos on a 4K monitor are a real joy.

In fact I interprete you answer as: Put your camera back on AVCHD, use PREL 14 as in the past and make your BRD as usual.

I assume PREL 14 will not resist if 4K movies (MP4)are presented in the process of making a BRD.

Problem solved, user disappointed......

Rob @

• 3. Re: 4K output to blu ray
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Don't forget, you still have the option of outputting your 4K video as a 4K mp4, which can be viewed on a computer or uploaded to YouTube.

So there is definitely a 4K workflow. There is just not a format for creating a 4K disc, like DVDs or BluRays.