7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2016 1:05 PM by rollr60069052

Motion tracking points

talonc13765087

I am trying to use the motion tracking but the tracking points don't show up. Where are they?

• 1. Re: Motion tracking points
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details. We don't even know your version of AE and you haven't explained what you are actually doing.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Motion tracking points
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Motion Tracking does not give you tracking points in the composition panel Camera tracking does. What are you trying to do? If you want to learn about any of the tracking methods just type the name of the tracking method you want to study in the search help field at the top right corner of AE. Camera Tracking for example will give you a bunch of community resources that will help you correctly use the tool.

• 4. Re: Motion tracking points
              talonc13765087 Level 1

Found the problem thanks!

• 6. Re: Motion tracking points
                Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

rollr60069052 - if you did that tutorial thank you. I have some suggestions that will make future tutorials much better. The tutorial shows some of the basics without any explanation so even though a couple of techniques are demonstrated, not much is actually taught. On the techniques side there are much better ways to add a hat to that cat. I'm guilty of throwing together quick demos without audio. They are always better with audio and in most cases each technique should be a separate tutorial. A narration track would help a lot. If tracking is the most important part of the demonstrated technique I would have shown that first and explained or illustrated in some way exactly why you were doing what you do. Once the hat was added to the cat I would have gone through the color correction by going directly to the final result and showing the Color Correction tools used rather than tweak and tweak and tweak. Color correction is different for every shot so you would want to be explaining the goal and why you have chosen the tools you are showing. There are more efficient tools to use to match the color of the hat to the scene than the ones you have chosen. It will all come with experience.

If this was not your tutorial then this is an example of the majority of tutorials found through a Google search, OK but not great and not necessarily demonstrating the best and most efficient way to accomplish the task. For instructions and help that has a better chance of taking you to techniques that a pro would be using type your query into the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE and check the  After Effects Community resources.

• 7. Re: Motion tracking points
                  rollr60069052 Level 1

Thanks for your advice Rick, it is my tutorial and intro 3d animation made by me. actually it is not a tutorial for put a hat to cat, it is just about basic tracking. i am new on making tutorials. but i will try make lots of tutorials about after effects and cinema 4d, so your advices will help me this process.