• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop acrobat pro/std 2015 (DC) from asking if you want it to be the default app for PDF every time it launches?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there is a check box to not ask again inside the application.  I a trying to set it for users when it installs so they are not prompted.  The customization wizard only has options to set a default or let app installer decide.  I could not find reference to a registry entry for this anywhere. 

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Hello Jackie,

Duplicate thread, already answered: How to I automate setting acrobat not to ask if you want it to be set as the default? 

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jackieg418,

Try navigating to Edit>Preferences>select "General" from the categories list and under the application startup option uncheck the option which reads "Tell me if adobe acrobat DC is not my default pdf application" .

stop.png

Let me know if this helps.

Regards
Sarojini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this did not help.  I know the check box is there.  I need to automate this per my email above.  Is there a registry key that I can push with the package to flip this setting?  It is for an enterprise deployment, I cannot have the message displaying to my users.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know how to automate this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jackie,

Duplicate thread, already answered: How to I automate setting acrobat not to ask if you want it to be set as the default? 

Regards,

Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines