2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 10:25 AM by shepsil s.

Looking for Creative Suite CS-5 or -5.5 ME version for Mac

shepsil s.

Hi. I am new here. I hope this forum is the right place to ask.

I am a Digital Designer/Illustrator on a Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and need to upgrade from my current CS-4 Creative Suite to an ME version of CS-5.5 Creative Suite, so I can type right-to-left in Hebrew with vowels, etc., in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, for a new client. I have a few questions and do not know where to turn to get the answers:

1) I can not change/upgrade my OS at this point. I need to verify that ME CS-5.5 will work on my OS across all 3 programs. A company on PC says ME 5.5 works for well for them, but I need to know if it will do so on my Mac. If not, what about ME CS-5?

2) I am having problems finding such an old version. Anyone know a reliable source? I need to share my license with an overseas client, so he can edit my final InDesign files to translate the English text in InDesign into other languages.

3) On such an old and unsupported OS, does it make sense for me to join Creative Cloud? Will I be able to get and use the older versions I want? I am also concerned that when this freelance client account ends, I'll need to stay on the cloud to keep using that version, because I won't own it myself, and won't be able to open any files made on it in my own CS-4 versions.

Please correct me if any assumptions are wrong!

Any advice you can give me would be mega-appreciated!!

Shepsil S.