12 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 8:07 AM by ichristman

Why Are OAM Files Displaying Differently in Dreamweaver Than In Animate?

stephaniek64991887 Level 1

I've been having a problem for the last couple of weeks getting a simple set of bitmaps published as an OAM Animate to display properly in Dreamweaver.  So, I decided to do a simple test and here is what I found:

I created a Canvas document with a stage of 700 x 465.  I imported one bitmap sized 700 x 465 to the stage.  X and Y coordinates placed at 0.  I published this file with OAM.

I inserted the file into an empty HTML file in Dreamworks.  The inserted object code shows the object as 720 x 485.  This creates a light grey border on the right and bottom of the bitmap.

If I either go into the code or with CSS change the width from 720 to 700, the border on the right goes away.

If I either go into the code or with CSS change the height from 485 to 465, the right and lower border areas turn into scroll bars.  If I change the 485 to 469, the scroll bars go away, but the border appears.  But, as soon as I go down to 468, the scroll bars reappear.  It makes no difference if 0 padding and margin are included in CSS.

I have posted this question numerous times here with no helpful responses.  I keep being referred to:

Export OAM files from Animate CC for use in Dreamweaver and Adobe Muse | Adobe Dreamweaver CC tutorials

However, this document suggests a very simple process which I am not experiencing.

Why does OAM increase the object size from Animate to Dreamweaver with grey borders?  And, why doesn't reducing the height to the actual object height actually work without creating either a grey border at the bottom of the image or scroll bars?

Is there a special setting in the OAM settings that might be causing this or is this a bug?  Please advise.  Thank you.