4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2006 6:18 AM by Aussieinor

Exporting web page from fireworks to DW

desnmolly Level 1
      Hello, just wanted to know how to export a fireworks page h html menu in one file. when i got to import in DW all the elements of page are ungrouped into their own files buttons lines etc. How can i export as one?

Many Thanks

Frank
        • 1. Re: Exporting web page from fireworks to DW
          Level 7
          desnmolly wrote:
          > Hello, just wanted to know how to export a fireworks page h html menu in one
          > file. when i got to import in DW all the elements of page are ungrouped into
          > their own files buttons lines etc. How can i export as one?

Export Images & HTML instead of Images Only. Use Dreamweaver's Insert >
          Image Objects > Fireworks HTML feature to add it to your page in
          Dreamweaver.

--
          Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          • 2. Re: Exporting web page from fireworks to DW
            DWdropout

Hello!

If anyone can please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I am exporting my fireworks home page to DW and when it arrives it has the .htm page but with it somes
            • 3. Re: Exporting web page from fireworks to DW
              DWdropout Level 1
              Computer glitch.

Will repeat the question.

In exporting my fireworks homepage to DW (it has been sliced and has hotspots) it is lands in DW with the .htm page and atleast a dozen images attached. How do it get it into dw without all the images? When exporting I send it Export Images and HTML.

I'm not sure where I've gone wrong.

Thank you!
              • 4. Re: Exporting web page from fireworks to DW
                Aussieinor
                Hi Linda,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! It may seem a small task to you but I spent about 2 hours trying to figure this challenge out. Obviously I'm a newbie but after seeing your post, it took me 3 minutes to do. Once in DW after inserting the FW File, DW asks you to change your settings for the view -> Visual Aid -> Deselect Invisible Elements.

It worked. Thanks for your help and I hope Frank got his sorted too.

Cheers,

Trent