• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to reinstall Creative Cloud on Mac (10.9.5) but keep getting 'Error code:201'

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having problems with updating Creative Cloud so unistalled and now attempting to install again.

Can't now install as I keep getting an 'Error code:201'. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

I contacted support via the Chat. Worked with Sakthivel. I was instructed to download what looked to be the trial installer. I downloaded and successfully installed the CC Desktop app and am now re-downloading the software I have installed. At this point, which it's still early in the game, I think I'm back to where I was attempting to get to last evening.

The file I downloaded from Sakthivel was called ACCCx3_6_0_248.dmg.

This one was sucessfully installed.

The one that continued to fail me was f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so angry right now at the same reply I've read 50 times tonight as I try to figure out why I can't install the Creative Cloud Desktop app again!

Nothing on that page does anything for me. I continue to get Error 201. My internet connection is SOLID, I don't have proxy issues. I've used hardwired ethernet directly to my modem.  I've used wifi. I've deleted folders I've cleaned using the cleaner tool, I've uninstalled, I've looked for hidden files, I've done it all. NOTHING is working. I'm on a Mac, 10.10.5. I've updated my Java. I've rebooted in safe mode, I am the root user. I've downloaded 6 installers.

All of this because the Desktop app wouldn't update, kept giving me an error 1001. I got error 1001 at work and at home, 2 different ISPs in 2 different states. Everything on error 1001 said to uninstall the app. That was 4 hours ago.

IS there a secret site where I can download a working version of the installer. If I read another staff recommendation to please try the Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud download, install, and update issues page, I'm going to find a cat and dog and kick them both! D@MMMMMMMMN ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hoovdaddy

It seems you have tried all the basic steps from the help documents, I would recommend you to Contact Customer Care‌ for further assistance.

[Note: Make sure that you are signed in to the website with the valid Adobe ID under which the product is registered]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support via the Chat. Worked with Sakthivel. I was instructed to download what looked to be the trial installer. I downloaded and successfully installed the CC Desktop app and am now re-downloading the software I have installed. At this point, which it's still early in the game, I think I'm back to where I was attempting to get to last evening.

The file I downloaded from Sakthivel was called ACCCx3_6_0_248.dmg.

This one was sucessfully installed.

The one that continued to fail me was from the CC Desktop page, called CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that it worked for you and thanks for the feedback about Creative Cloud installer download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a very similar issue. An update failed – to Adobe XD so I decided to uninstall it and try to reinstall… that didn't work so it was suggested I use the cleaner tool to clean up the CC desktop app – which I did and it uninstalled it… now I get the 201 error and have checked all the same things as you including logging in as a test user on my work machine. The mad thing is – while all this went on and before I uninstalled CC desktop app new updates to Photoshop, lightroom and Bridge updated fine! I am having no problems at home on two iMacs running yosemite and el capitan, they updated XD fine no problem.

Did the ACCCx3_6_0_248.dmg fix it for you?

I will try that if it works for me.

I don't want to have to re-install all my apps!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the installer here and it worked for me, but I still can't download Experience Design and get 'installation failed'. 😞 But at least I have CC desktop app back!

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you send me the link to the ACCCx3_6_0_248.dmg file hoovdaddy? Tried contacting Adobe support showed them this post but just ignored it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Found the link. All fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. sorry I didn't see your message sooner.

Glad you're back in business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines