1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2006 7:04 PM by Newsgroup_User

Problem with Flash menu bar

Chesterfield55 Level 1
      As a first project in Flash, I created a simple menu bar for my web site (www.misyssbm.com) consisting of a half-dozen buttons linked to corresponding URLs.

In Firefox and some versions of IE, this works great -- you just mouseover the button then click to navigate to the page. But in other versaions of IE, you have to click on the menu bar itself to establish the focus, then you can mouseover/click the button to go to the desired page.

Is this a problem I could have avoided if I were more experienced with Flash?

Suggestions?

TIA!
        • 1. Re: Problem with Flash menu bar
          Level 7

Chesterfield55 wrote:
          > As a first project in Flash, I created a simple menu bar for my web site
          > (www.misyssbm.com) consisting of a half-dozen buttons linked to corresponding
          > URLs.
          >
          > In Firefox and some versions of IE, this works great -- you just mouseover
          > the button then click to navigate to the page. But in other versaions of IE,
          > you have to click on the menu bar itself to establish the focus, then you can
          > mouseover/click the button to go to the desired page.
          >
          > Is this a problem I could have avoided if I were more experienced with Flash?
          >
          > Suggestions?
          >
          > TIA!

Please, for god sake, read at least the recent forum topics and in the best case search
          before posting. The IE thing we have done, literally in hundreds of posts just in
          past 30 days. Kidding you not, it is THE MOST frequently asked question of the year.