5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 2:51 PM by Peter Spier

Text frame Invisible or White?!?!

roattw Level 1

Not sure what I did or how I did it but when I draw a text frame its outline seems to be white, so I cant see it.  What the heck did I do?

2016-04-14_14-23-02.jpg

• 1. Re: Text frame Invisible or White?!?!
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Try pressing Ctrl (Windows)/Cmd(Mac) + H to toggle hiding frame edges.

• 2. Re: Text frame Invisible or White?!?!
            Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

roattw wrote:

Not sure what I did or how I did it …

I think you changed the default for fill color to "[Paper]":

By setting the fill color when nothing was selected and/or no document was opened.

What you can do about it:

Close all documents.

Inspect the fill color in the Swatches Panel.

Set it back to "[None]" if it is set to "[Paper]".

Open your document.

Change the view to "Show Frame Edges".

Set your fill color to "[None]" in the Swatches Panel if that is not the case.

Then select the object on the page and chose a different fill color or "[None]".

Note: It could be that there are no frame edges showing on white background, because you changed the color of the active layer to white.

Uwe

• 3. Re: Text frame Invisible or White?!?!
              roattw Level 1

Thanks for all the replies.  It really feels like the default fill color set to paper or that are no frame edges showing on white background, because you changed the color of the active layer to white thus the frame cant be seen.  But the default fill was not set to Paper.  I tried the suggestions but no luck. Whatever I did it had to have been with an accidental key stroke of some kind. I know I didnt go into any depth of settings to change such a thing.

I ran out of time and just had to create a new document and all is well.  Wish I had a clear answer, but I appreciate the help!!!

• 4. Re: Text frame Invisible or White?!?!
                rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Frame edges would be hidden in Preview, Bleed, or Slug mode, even if Show Frame Edges is turned on. By default pressing W puts you in Preview mode, which is what your screen capture looks like.

• 5. Re: Text frame Invisible or White?!?!
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Doesn't look like preview mode to me... I see margin and bleed guides that would be invisible in Preview mode.

It certainly looks to me like there is a paper-filled frame covering the top half of the page, but that doesn't explain the lack of frame edges unless they are hidden. That could also be that the layer color is set to white.