1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 2:31 PM by Peter Spier

ID or AI 2015.3 not starting? solution: revert back to 2015.2

christianhurst Level 1

as i had now troubles for 2 days with the latest updates of indesign and illustrator to version 2015.3 on win 8.1, i finally found a solution. maybe this will also fit to someone having troubles.

i did everything mentioned in this tread »Adobe InDesign CC 2015 – Program has stopped working https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2066497« with no luck at all.

please don't get this wrong: this is not about comlaining about false advise or denounce anybody (if so it would be adobe) – at this point a big thank's to all helpers, especialy »Peter Spier«.

today morning i've first deinstalled creative cloud and programs and made a complete new install (all to newest versions). had some kind of luck with that: cc app and ID/AI where starting

up again, but: cc app needed between 3-4 min. to show up and ID/AI only started when done via the cc app (alias from the taskbar did nothing). and this was only working while i had a active

internet connection, without > nope.

my solution:

i deinstalled ID/AI but kept everything else to the newest version. then i manually installed the basic versions of ID/AI 2015 and made the updates to 2015.2.

my result:

- cc app ist showing up in 8-10 sec.

- ID is startin in about 3 sec. and is running stable

- IAI is startin in about 4 sec. and is running stable

- no internet connection needed

hopefully anybody can use this infos.

greetings

chris

Nachricht geändert durch Christian Hurst: typo