2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 10:28 AM by AJCoop

Copying text from PDF to paste to Word or other program.

AJCoop Level 1

Why am I not able to select text to copy in some documents but can in others? When I use the select tool in Acrobat Pro DC for some of my documents, it draws a square (or multiple squares) around the text (I click and drag), but when I release the cursor only one word is boxed in and I can do nothing with that at all.  I don't see any drop down menu or tool to switch to that will help me copy it.  How can I just copy a few lines (or less or more) from a Acrobat Pro DC pdf?

• 1. Re: Copying text from PDF to paste to Word or other program.
          sukritd Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi ,

Please see this link,hope you are following the correct steps.

Copy content from PDFs, Adobe Reader

Please check if Acrobat is updated to the latest patch.

Also if you are on Windows,try to repair it once and then try.

See if that helps.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

• 2. Re: Copying text from PDF to paste to Word or other program.
            AJCoop Level 1

Thanks for replying. However, I tried all of those things prior to posting to the discussion thread.  Also, the link says "Acrobat Reader" and my question pertained to "Acrobat Pro DC."  I am using it during a 30 day trial so it's definitely recently updated. The way it behaves, it really seems as if it's a glitch.  I also tried opening the document in Acrobat Reader DC (also recently updated) and the same issue arises.  When I use the select tool, it only select IMAGES of the words and not the words themselves, as if literally cutting a piece of the paper out, partially cut letters and all. If I'm not able to simply click and drag to highlight the text I want to copy, so I can import it into say, a Word document or an email, as I have been able to do in prior versions of Adobe reader, I won't be interested in purchasing/(renting) the software.