1 person found this helpful
You can create a Button symbol, Inside the edit mode of button, keep its Up, Over and Down frames as blank and just specify the hit area by drawing a rect in the fourth frame.
Now Come out on the main timeline, and use the code snippet(in Windows Menu) to add the snippet - Click to go to a Webpage. Set your desired url and Test Movie.
It should work fine now.
I am using Animate and came across the same issue?? I did the button mode as you listed above, but my url is not working? I don't know what Im doing wrong?
- I created the top layer naming it "ClickTag"
- Drew a rectangle
- Converted the alpha to 0
- converted it to symbol - button
- open action window
- selected "Code Snippets"
- selected "ClickGoToWebPage" under Actions
- Automated message states "instance has to be named Adobe will generate instance"
- click ok
- Code now appears on action screen (with url pointed to www.adobe.com)
I didn't change url yet - because I have had so much trouble getting the click to work.......
I save the file
export to swf
test movie in browser
animation moves..... swf works..... mouse changes when over the animation.... but when i click...... Nothing happens?
can you please help - I have gone 100 ways truing to figure this out... and reviewed several online references..... nothing seems to work
please please can you help