5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 1:49 AM by RSQV

Error upgrading LR 5 catalog to LR CC

RSQV

When upgrading my Lightroom 5.7 catalog to CC i get an error saying the catalog is damaged and cannot be upgraded. The Catalog opens fine in 5.7 and i'm unable to use CC with that catalog. How can i solve this problem.

• 1. Re: Error upgrading LR 5 catalog to LR CC
          Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I have never heard of that.... how many GB is the catalog file?? (asking in case we want to look at it)

Has the Catalo been backed up with optimising and integrity check?? Do that as well....

Can you create a new catalog in Lr 5 and import the existing one... then try upgrading the new one.

Try creating a new Lightroom 6 catalog and see if you can import from there...

• 2. Re: Error upgrading LR 5 catalog to LR CC
            RSQV Level 1

Thanks for the reply. My LR catalog is 2.14 GB, I tried backing up my catalog and optimising it, but half way during the process it gets corrupted and when trying to fix it i get a message that it is unrepairable.

I am now creating a fresh catalog and importing the existing one as suggested. Then will attempt upgrading that one to CC and report back.

• 3. Re: Error upgrading LR 5 catalog to LR CC
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

By default, unless you changed it, LR creates a backup catalog once a week. Try opening the latest LR 5 backup catalog in LR 6. At the least it should only be 7 days old. By default the backups are stored in the same folder as your catalog in a folder named Backups and will be dated.

• 4. Re: Error upgrading LR 5 catalog to LR CC
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

rsqv wrote:

Thanks for the reply. My LR catalog is 2.14 GB, I tried backing up my catalog and optimising it, but half way during the process it gets corrupted and when trying to fix it i get a message that it is unrepairable.

I am now creating a fresh catalog and importing the existing one as suggested. Then will attempt upgrading that one to CC and report back.

If your LR catalog is damaged that does not happen on its own. That means you have some type of hardware problem that caused the catalog to become corrupted. More than likely a hard drive problem.

• 5. Re: Error upgrading LR 5 catalog to LR CC
                  RSQV Level 1

I turned that off a while ago when i experienced a corrupted catalog while backing up (in LR4). Since then i have been doing a backup using time machine. As for the hardware problem the catalog opens fine in LR 5.7 and causes no problems unless i try to optimise or back it up.