3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 2:38 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CC: End notes

HUWerner

Are there any plans for implementing end notes in the next future (coming InDesign CC update)? Answer would be helpful for my decision to rent InDesign CC or buy QuarkExpress.

Thanks in advance"

Hans-Ulrich

• 1. Re: InDesign CC: End notes
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Anyone who actually knows the answer to that is bound by non-disclosure agreements until there is an official announcement.

• 2. Re: InDesign CC: End notes
            HUWerner Level 1

Thank you, Peter. Obviously, they are not interested to support my decision to become a customer...

Hans-Ulrich

• 3. Re: InDesign CC: End notes
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Actually, this has to do with securities laws for publicly-owned companies and "forward-looking statements" that could affect the price of the stock. Adobe could be sued for millions of dollars if someone leaks inside information that cuases the stock price to change, and then a decision is made that makes that information incorrect. No planned feature is set in stone until an official public announcement is made just prior to release.

I'm sure if end not support were to be added it would make thousands of users very happy, and there are dozens of people who wish they could spill the beans, but that is not the way it works. In the meantime, check out Peter Kahrel's scripts for working with end notes at Free InDesign scripts | Peter Kahrel