• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot open the adobe flash player .exe file that i have downloaded from the website. Please help

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have downloaded the flash player update from the Adobe website. it asks me to safe the file, which i do. When i go to open the file to run the program it does absoultly nothing.

Can anyone please help me.

Kind regards

Aldo the Great

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What operating system (including version) is this on?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am running Windows Vistas home premium 32 bit operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This is most likely due to a certificate signing issue. The online installer uses SHA256 certificate, wich may not be compatible with some Vista systems.  Refer to this Microsoft support article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674, for assistance on upgrading your system.

You can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, there is no guarantee that it'll work.

The certificate signing issue does not just impact the Flash Player online installer.  You can experience the same behaviour when attempting to run any file that was signed with SHA256 and the solution is to update your system, as per the Microsoft support article.

--
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines