Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and Drop custom actions - Captivate 8

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon!

I created a drag and drop in Captivate 8 that has 2 targets and 4 drag sources.  3 of the sources go to 1 target and 1 source to the other.  What I am trying to do is:

1.  When the first source is dropped the next on the list appears and so on for the 4 options.

2.  When the user clicks the submit button a "Congratulations" message appears.

3.  When the wrong answer is dropped, the source snaps back into the list.

I've tried so many different configurations....any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Wanted to double-check, so I created a short project with

• four text containers as drag sources: S_one, S_two, S_three, S_four
  • two drop targets Target1 and Target2
  • S_one and the two drop targets are visible in output
  • S_two, S_three and S_four are invisible in output
  • in my setup the first three drag sources had to go to Target1, and S_four to Target1; your setup can be different, but you define the sequence of the drag sources, so you know perfectly well which one has to go to which target
  • set up the D&

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2016 Apr 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand the first question at all, can you explain more?

For the second question: Success message is missing indeed.  You have to use the Success action of the Drag&Drop (actions tab) to show a previously hidden 'Congratulations' message. More info in this blog post:

Drag&Drop tips - Captivate blog

For the third question: you will have to edit the Object actions dialog box for each of the drop targets. By default they are set to Accept All drag sources, this has to be changed: uncheck the option 'Accept All' and indicate which drag sources can be accepted. The wrong ones will snap back to their original position (again I don't know what you mean by 'list').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  Here is a screen shot of my drag and drop slide.  When the learner first lands on the slide I would like only 1 box to show.  When that box is dropped to a target, the next box will display, etc.  Is there a way to do that or am I being too complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to double-check, so I created a short project with

• four text containers as drag sources: S_one, S_two, S_three, S_four
  • two drop targets Target1 and Target2
  • S_one and the two drop targets are visible in output
  • S_two, S_three and S_four are invisible in output
  • in my setup the first three drag sources had to go to Target1, and S_four to Target1; your setup can be different, but you define the sequence of the drag sources, so you know perfectly well which one has to go to which target
  • set up the D&D in the usual way
  • Select Target1, and press 'Object actions' the format tab of D&D panel. Because I am in CP9 which has the possibility to uncheck 'Continue Playing project' for a simple action, I could use those. Look at this screenshot:
    D&DActions.pngI unchecked Accept All, and indicated the three correct drag sources, changed the Count to 3 because they will have to be accepted all of them on the first target. Wrong drag sources will 'Go Back' to its original position.
    After dragging S_One the action has been changed to Show S_Two (second drag source). You have to change that simple action to a standard action 'Execute Advanced Action' with the same unique command 'Show S_two' to avoid releasing the playhead. I would use a shared action if you are familiar with that. Similar setup for the two other drag sources, just change S_Two to S_Three for the second action, and to S_four for the third action.

• Select Target2, press Object actions again, uncheck 'Accept All' and indicate the correct drag source, Count is 1 this time. In my setup you don't have to choose the action, because it is the last drag source. However if the drag source is not S_four for this target, you'll have to put in a similar action as I explained for Target1, and take out the action on the last drag source which will then be within the dialog box for Target1.

As for the Message that has to appear, I explained in the blog post (first one) how to create a Success Message. BTW that Success message is now available out of the box in CP9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  Your advice is much appreciated!

Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I was not sure that a 'hidden' object would be accepted as drag source, now found out that it is! Learned something extra myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources