2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2016 6:54 PM by Rick Gerard

Anyone knows how i make this effect ?

hungl89845382

Hi guys,

i want to draw lines in a video on the edge of a object ( like a bird or human).

i know that i can draw frame for frame in photoshop, but this cost to much time, maybe anyone knows how it works in after effects ?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-16 um 00.51.24.png

like this picture, the lines are animated till the scene is over, the lines follow the moves of the person.

i hope anyone can help me, i

• 1. Re: Anyone knows how i make this effect ?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can kinda do some rough rotoscoping in AE and choose to wiggle the result using Turbulent Displace or if you make the stroke with shape layers, you can use a lovely built-in wiggling options there.

• 2. Re: Anyone knows how i make this effect ?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unless you specifically shoot your footage with this kind of roto involved you are going to have to take a lot of time to create and animate the mask shapes. If the footage is properly shot you can use Rotobrush or Keying to generate an alpha channel then use that alpha channel to generate animated masks. The most efficient technique depends on the shot. There is no one size fits all solution for this problem. The only thing that you would probably not ever have to do is to draw on every frame one at a time. You pick your first frame to draw on and then move forward to where the majority of the movement changes direction and you adjust your path, then you go back about half way between those frames and adjust what needs to be adjusted, then you split the difference again and make any other adjustments. Most of the time, with most action, very few keyframes are required. Sometimes you may have sections that need adjustment every 2 or 3 frames but that usually last very long.