3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2006 11:47 AM by glenna

Imported Patterns Not Saved

glenna Level 1
      Using Fireworks 8 -- When I import a pattern from Fill Options, the pattern name shows on the pattern list, but only as long as I leave that window open. If I open another graphic, the new pattern is not there. If I save the graphic, close and re open Fireworks, the imported patterns are gone.

Is this normal or am I missing a step?

Glenn A
        • 1. Re: Imported Patterns Not Saved
          Level 7
          glenna wrote:
          > Using Fireworks 8 -- When I import a pattern from Fill Options, the pattern
          > name shows on the pattern list, but only as long as I leave that window open.
          > If I open another graphic, the new pattern is not there. If I save the
          > graphic, close and re open Fireworks, the imported patterns are gone.
          >
          > Is this normal or am I missing a step?

Have you installed the pattern in the Fireworks Pattern folder? On my
          machine it's located at C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Fireworks
          8\Configuration\Patterns

--
          Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          • 2. Re: Imported Patterns Not Saved
            senocular Level 1
            Fireworks retains imported patterns in that manner for the document only, not the application.

When using patterns in Fireworks, you have access to two "pools" of patterns, one installed for the application, and one that is specific to the document. Those installed for the application are located in:
            [Fireworks install]/Configuration/Patterns
            Those specific to the document are any other patterns that you may have gotten access to in using that document, such as finding a new pattern with the "other..." option in the patterns list or patterns you've gained access to resulting from importing another PNG document.

If you want patterns to be retained for the application and therefore be accessible to all documents, you'll need to save them into the patterns folder in the directory listed above and restart Fireworks.
            • 3. Re: Imported Patterns Not Saved
              glenna Level 1
              thanks...that works.