if you specify #target indesign-9, then it look the corresponding version. By default you give "#target indesign" and run means it open ask you the version what you used for Extendscript toolkit.
If you use CS6 Extendscript toolkit and using "#target indesign", it will automatically open the script in Indesign cs6
so for cc2015 you may use "#target indesign-184.108.40.206" or open cc 2015 Extendscript toolkit
Thanks so much for your response. However, I tried your suggestion and the response was "indesign-220.127.116.11" is undefined. The message came up in a dialog box headed ExtendScript Toolkit 4.0. Not sure how to open "cc 2015 Extendscript toolkit" althogh my CC membership suggests I do have it.
I looked at the 'help' menu in the ExtendScript Toolkit, and in fact ExtendScript 4 IS the 2015CC version (mine says it is 18.104.22.168 ExtendScript 4.5.5). Hope that helps.
2 people found this helpful
OK.. Just delete that line and save the script.. Place the script in script folder.. Then run the script from application itself
Thanks so much - that worked a treat!!
I am very grateful.
I got the same problem when updating to CC2017.
Until then I've been using ExtendScript Toolkit CC with InDesign CC 2015 (and other versions before that) and I've got the #target "InDesign" directive first in my script since many years back.
After the update to InDesign CC 2017, ExtendScript Toolkit CC ver 22.214.171.124 does not regard the selection I make in its dropdown (I select "Adobe InDesign CC 2017 (32 bit)(12.032), but I changes the selection to InDesign CS6, and shows this message when I run my code from within the ESTK:
Target Adobe InDesign CS6 (8.0) is not running. Do you want to launch Adobe InDesign CS6 (8.0)?
Removing the #target directive makes Extendscript Toolkit accept the selected application version.
try #targetengine "InDesign" instead #target "InDesign"
Pav55: You made the answer to KinglePandP who seemed happy with the suggestion (8 months ago) to remove the #target directive.
Perhaps your answer was meant for me... but anyway #targetengine "InDesign" would not select InDesign as target application for a script in the ExtendScript Toolkit (ESTK). It would just try to create an engine by the name of "InDesign", which would not be good, since I'm running my script in another named engine.
When starting a script in the ESTK it has been comfortable to have it select application (InDesign) automatically, and it has worked for me, until the last update. Either it was the update, or it has to do with me having a new login (user) on my computer, I'm not a 100% certain which came first.