4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2016 6:10 PM by red bowler

can i use my account on two machines

red bowler

Hi all, I have recently purchased an iMac 27" and want to know if i can sync my account from my MacBook pro or do i have to purchase a second subscription?

I have logged into adobe on the iMac and i still am unable to find the answer myself any assistance would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: can i use my account on two machines
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Lightroom license agreement clearly states that you can install Lightroom on two computers. Only one license is required. However, you cannot synchronize Lightroom on the two computers. Each computer must have its own local catalog.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: can i use my account on two machines
            red bowler Level 1

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply JimHess, is it easy to work out the process? Do i simply login and open it somehow?

• 3. Re: can i use my account on two machines
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You install Lightroom on each computer. Each installation functions separately with its own catalog. Your images can be stored on a network drive. However, each computer must run separately using its own catalog. One solution is to have the images and catalog on an external hard drive which can be moved from one computer to the other. Some people use dropbox. But you really have to be careful with that method because it's easy for the catalog become corrupted. You have to make sure all updating has finished before you try to open the catalog on the other computer.

You asked how is it done. The simple straightforward answer is that you install Lightroom on both computers.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: can i use my account on two machines
                red bowler Level 1

Again Many thanks, appreciate the help, with a quick look i have found my answer with JimHess advice. Download in process now.

My Question has been answered , my problem solved.