2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2016 11:08 PM by wobertc

Lightroom 3 .cr2 files unreadable

littlebrittone04

I went to import some photos in lightroom 3 and only 1 of the photos was readable. A message popped up saying that the camera is not supported. I checked in photoshop, still unreadable. The only change I could think of from the last time I opened lightroom is deleting some programs- DaVinci Resolve, RedCine-X, and ShotPut Pro.

I'd like to move my lightroom and CS5 to another laptop, but I don't have the serial numbers and someone on the Adobe chat support wanted me to go through  5 years of bank statements to show proof of purchase and contact stores to somehow get a receipt from them. I thought I had registered lightroom, but i guess not. Am I out of luck?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 3 .cr2 files unreadable
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you have activated CS5 and licensed LR 3 on your current computer then you should be able to use Help  / Register to upload the serial numbers to Adobe, and then go to Adobe’s website and look up  your serial numbers.

• 2. Re: Lightroom 3 .cr2 files unreadable
            wobertc Adobe Community Professional

If you have Lightroom 3 installed and working you may be able to find the Serial key-

In Windows systems it was stored- (Apple Macs may be similar)

• Windows Registration data is located in the {C:/ProgramData/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 3.0 Registration.lrreg} file.
            • Open this .lrreg file with a text editor to read the Serial Number.

Edit: I am running LR-CC2015.5  and I can still find my Serial Numbers for LR4 and LR5 in the folder as above!