2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2016 8:01 AM by Rick Gerard

I need some help with Audio Visualizers (After Effects CC)

PrimaJack

I'm trying to make a specific kind of Audio Visualizer, and it doesent behave like i want it to. So hopefully someone out there can help me

Link to a picture of the specific Audio Visualizer: http://prntscr.com/atawxt

Kind regards,

Bastian

• 1. Re: I need some help with Audio Visualizers (After Effects CC)
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

And "doesn't behave like I want" means what? You need to be a lot more specific and explain what you actually do vs. what you want to achieve, including exact settings and other details.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: I need some help with Audio Visualizers (After Effects CC)
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It makes it so much easier to help you if you drag your example screenshots right into the reply field on this forum. Many folks will not click on random links to URL's that they are not familiar with.

ih8dQxp.png

Audio Waveform and Audio Spectrum that come with AE produce a real time display of the audio waveform or spectrum that is playing on the current frame. This display looks like an interpretation of the entire waveform with a progress bar in red. There are no tools that come with AE that a will generate this type of waveform display. You could capture a screenshot of a waveform display from AE's timeline or from Audition and then generate a simple progress bar with Stroke applied to a mask path.

You could also use the keyframe assistant and select Audio To Keyframes and then use the values to drive the position of the write on effect with an expression then take a freeze frame from the last position, but it wouldn't look like the effect you are showing.