2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2016 5:44 PM by PStu1219

Unable to Import Files - Says "Files cannot be read"

chelseaf36452034

Hi All!  I just finished a session with my Nikon D610 and when I tried to import the photos Lightroom tells me it's unable to read the files.  This is the second time this has happened to me.  Eventually it just started working again the first time around but not for a couple of weeks. I don't have that long this time around.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Unable to Import Files - Says Can't Read Files
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

The error message "cannot read files" is rather mis-leading. What it really means is that Lightroom cannot "Write" the files.

Check your Destination folder in the import dialog. It must have full Read/Write permissions and be on an internal or connected external hard-drive , and with sufficient space.

I also assume your version of Lr is compatible with the D610.

• 2. Re: Unable to Import Files - Says "Files cannot be read"
            PStu1219

That's weird.  My LR CC started giving me that error after the most recent update (2015.6).  The weird thing is that while it won't import from the SD card, it will import if I move the files from the SD card to a folder on the desktop and then do an Import (Move) to bring the files into my pictures folder and the LR catalog.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)