7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2016 10:21 PM by ruhikoyun

safari browser video format

ruhikoyun Level 1

Hi guys I have a full video background website.Video background working well all browser except safari. I think safari needs different video format, what can I do? Can you check the website please guys? www.ruhikoyun.com

• 1. Re: safari browser video format
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You want to use h.264.

• 2. Re: safari browser video format
            ruhikoyun Level 1

yeah I know but I think could't convert. I did adobe media encoder mp4 convert to H.264 but somethink went wrong I dont know.video still mp4 format. I choose H.264 format

• 3. Re: safari browser video format

This is just my opinion but I think it's a very very bad idea to run full screen video as a background for the webpage.

All browsers use a media player to play video, media players on mobile devices take over the screen completely eliminating your web content, full-screen video is huge and will slow down loading of your website.

You want some kind of motion in the background and have it fullscreen you should be using Animare CC.

When you choose H.264 in the Adobe media encoder or you end up with an MP4. Apple devices will play that outside of the webpage with the QuickTime player. Windows devices will play that back with the Windows media player unless you put it in a web page. When video is added to a web page the browser will use the  browsers native media player to deliver the video. If you have an H.264 compressed MP4 your problem is not with the video, it's with the way you are coding the webpage to use the media player.

• 4. Re: safari browser video format
                ruhikoyun Level 1

Yeah you right Rick. I eliminated video background for mobile devices for fast loading, just seem background image in mobile, doesn't play video.Maybe nex time I can use Animate cc. I don't know maybe problem my safari version 5.1.7 I am using atm with windows platform.

• 5. Re: safari browser video format

I do not do a lot of website coding, especially un Orthodox designs. When I build a website it must be completely mobile compatible, simple and direct to the point. Anything that slows down loading gives the user a chance to click away.

That said, Safari will play any H.264 video, you just have to code for to Safari to auto play. So far he also supports layers. There's just some air in your HTML code or your CSS that is causing Safari to foul up.

I know you have probably spent a lot of time working on this video but IMHO you're headed down a dead-end alley.

• 6. Re: safari browser video format
                    ruhikoyun Level 1

I fix Rick. Problem is some plugin for safari. My all code and video format all good. When I download quick time player program updated somethig and after all content visible. Thanks your advice. Next time maybe I use Animate CC.

• 7. Re: safari browser video format
                      ruhikoyun Level 1

Now is working in safari