There's a similar report this morning that involved accented characters. Do you have non-latin or accented characters in the file names?
The strange thing is that the CC library is shared between 3 computers and the files work on the other computers so it's seems that it's just something on my end. I don't use any special characters in the file name.
It was installed fresh from Creative Cloud
1 person found this helpful
See the link above..
You are the BEST!!! It seems to work ok now. Thank you so so much
I said horray to soon. If I replace the preferences the CC libraries work ok. But I noticed that when Windows 10 goes idle and to the login screen, after login the CC libraries no longer work. I kept indesign open and working in the same document before the computer jumped to the login screen. The same problem with CC libraries also occur when I start my computer every morning.
Any clue what I could do to prevent this?
Which version of InDesign are you using? If you are using InDesign CC 2015, then you can try the following steps:
- Quit InDesign and all other Adobe applications like Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Launch Run, and type “%temp%/cep_cache” (without quotes)
- Delete the folder “IDSN_11.x_com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular” at the above location
- Launch Run, and type “%appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS” (without quotes)
- Delete all the files and folders at the above mentioned location
- Launch Task Manager and Quit CC Library process
- Launch InDesign and let the libraries sync
- If you see the error, “Something went wrong while initializing CC Libraries”, then while InDesign is running, quit the CC Library process in the Task Manager
Please let me know if this helps.